Tuesday 19 November 2013

Story Telling Unit- Production Reflection

On reflection of my filming I think that I was rushing and therefore did not get enough different types of shots. I took two hours to do the shoot, including stopping to talk about the script and teach the actors their lines. I had to do a few re-shoots the next day but that was also rushed as it was very windy therefore the shots were different colour and the actors hair was moving a lot more. The sound on the first day can be a bit quiet and in some of the shots I can see the boom mike. I can fix the boom mike being on the edge on the shot by zooming in on the shot as I was taught in the Final Cut Pro workshop.

I had an issue with my original actor Matthew Johnstone who had to cancel being in the production two days before I was booked to film. Luckily I had asked Mike Hoad before Matthew cancelled to be my back up Peter.

The camera work is not perfect due to the sun going in and out of the clouds but I should of adjusted the camera aperture and shutter. The skin colour of the actors on the camera does change due to change in light, it can be edited in Final Cut Pro but will not be perfect in comparison to having the original shots in the right light. The second days sound of Mike saying "seriously, your paranoid" is distorted and a bit loud. On the day I forgot to make sure that the mike on the camera was not turned on, it made the sound echo. I had to have Chris help me make the audio sound more natural but it is still very loud in  comparison to the other clips audio.

The actors had a bit of a hard time with the dialogue because I did not give them a script in advance, instead I wrote the script the day before. The copy I used on the day was a rough bit of paper with the relevant information on it, even though I had written the script formally on Final Draft.


No comments:

Post a Comment