Sunday 17 January 2016

Major Project- Crew

Grit has a long shooting schedule in which we need to make sure we are crewed for. This means making sure that on every shoot day there is sound, runners and a camera assistant. But due to the length of the project and all of the crew being that of students we need to make sure that the crew are not missing out on their own work. In order to do this we looked at the time tables of each of the students with them and made sure that they were not missing anything and were not taking to much time out of their own work.

Each crew member was hand picked by myself and Lex, we went through current work of the crew members and their blogs to see if they were up to date with their work. From this I then had a chat with each of them about how they would feel about committing to around 5 days to our project. From this we also offered help on their projects as to make up for time they may have lost. In the case of Wesley and Jordan, I offered to be a stand-in for their studio production, this would help them to practise what is needed for the actual production.

Not only did we have members from our own course but I decided to get in touch with some photography students as to get an on set photographer.
I contacted the photography course at the University for the Creative Arts.
Dear Heike Lowenstein,
I am student from Television Production and was hoping you would be able to put out an advert to your students asking if they would like to come with us on our major project and take some stills for us. I am happy to provide project details to those who are interested. If any students are interested please have them contact me on rmeats@students.ucreative.ac.uk 
Thank you 
Roxanne Meats 
As well as the Mid Kent Collage course,

Hello, 
I am student from Television Production, University for the Creative Arts, and was hoping you would be able to put out an advert to your photography students asking if they would like to come with us on our major project and take some stills for us. I am happy to provide project details to those who are interested. If any students are interested please have them contact me on rmeats@students.ucreative.ac.uk 
Thank you 
Roxanne Meats 

This unfortunately didn't get me any responses, so after 2 days I decided to go onto the Facebook group for UCA freshers and see if there were any students that would be free, this direct approach gave me three photographers to contact.

From this I talked to three people but best liked the work of Alex Robert, his work is on Flickr, this gave me a chance to look at the work he had done and to offer him a way to expand his portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment