Monday 12 May 2014

Commissions Unit- Reflection

I think working with Aimee on this project was a good idea, we may have had our differences but we both wanted the project to be the best it could and without her I don't think it would be as good as it is. There are some bad parts but working together over all made a project that I am happy with.

After handing in my work I found some faults with the sound on the YouTube version. Part of when the interview is being held there is a second quieter voice in the back ground. I think that I should have produced the script a lot earlier then I did, since there was a delay in the script it delayed the project being edited which then put more pressure on Aimee. I also should have helped Aimee more with editing as at points I think she could have done with the help. I found it very difficult to write the commentary for the script, I needed a lot of help to write the script from Helen as I just couldn't get a handle on it but hopefully it is better then when I first started.

I think sharing some of the work in the production and pre-production side has made it harder for me and Aimee to find defined positions such as director. But then by myself not looking at the footage it was over exposed and if I had looked at the work I might have been able to point out the issues with exposure and shaky camera work.

During the interview for the Salvation Army I should have asked more questions and got more footage but on the day we agreed that it was enough footage, but during this I was distracted in talking to the contributor. During the filming of the "Jane" interview I should have decided on more shots for the camera to get.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment