Thursday 25 September 2014

Fiction Adaptation- The Choice

For this project we have been given poems to select from and adapt into a television piece. While going through the poems I came up with a struggle in which poem would suit my ideas and which poem I feel I could adapt without losing the meaning. To help me decide I thought it would be a good idea to research the authors and the poems to give a back ground to the authors meanings.

Anthem for a Doomed Youth- Wilfred Owen 1917.
After typing the title into Google a popular world war website came up with some tips for students to understand. While looking into the website it has a range of poems and help into reading into them. WW poetry

 
While looking to the life story of Wilfred Owen I found out he was in the war in France and died after being shot in the war. He became a tutor in France but did not experience the horrors of the war first hand until he joined up even though he had been in a hospital with a doctor examining those who had been on the front line.  There is more information on his life and on the poems he produced at this website- Wilfred Owen.
The poem Anthem for a doomed youth bring images for youth and the echoing of lives that may have been. I think that I would chose this poem but adapt it into using more sound than images to show the youth being lost due to war.

The Cenotaph- Charlotte Mew (1919)
While looking into where I could find out more about the poem I found Poetry By Heart website, with the poem and the back ground to the author.



The Cenotaph refers to a tomb, The London Cenotaph is the focal point for the Remembrance Day services ever since 1919. This poem was written at the same date that the Cenotaph was built and used for the remembrance services.



No comments:

Post a Comment