Monday 29 September 2014

Fiction Adaptation- Ideas

Fiction Adaptation Essay-

I was looking into television series and what has been adapted from books to television. Recently I have decided to read Agatha Christie books and a very famous series of Poirot was produced in the late 80's. I decided I would read the first book in the series and find out the episode and also watch that. The first book is entitled "The Mysterious Affair At Styles" which was made into a television episode in series 3 of Poirot. The book was written in the 1920's and adapted in the 1990's but not modernised. The television series made Poirot famous with a younger generation and was watched for years from the first episode, it ended up having 13 series ending in 2013. The episodes were either 60 mins or longer and the shorter episodes were based on short stories created by Agatha Christie. The majority of the episodes were based in 1938 even though the books were written in a different time.
Here is a clip from the episode I may analyse.


I would like to also include works such as Phantom of the Opera to be compared for the essay, even though the book was adapted into a film and a theatre production by Andrew Lloyd Webber. Other pieces of articles that I may use will be from books such as The Grimm Fairy Tales.

No comments:

Post a Comment