Sunday 26 April 2015

Studio Production- Reflection of the Day

As part of this unit we were asked to write a report about how we found the unit and what we were able to do. I was able to write about all the different things I was able to do and who I was able to help out during the production. Most of the work is in the report, but I thought I would write a small reflection of the day.

As part of this unit I spent a lot of time with the CAFT team, I was happy to spend time with them and to help them find their way around the studio. During the set build I made sure they were happy and knew what they were doing and when, I took them to lunch and was there for them when they came back down to the studio.

During the shoot day I spent most of the afternoon with Robyn Perkins, I picked her from the train station and then took her to the base room for our lunch. After lunch I took Robyn to look around the set, meet the producers and then took her to see Aimee to entertain the audience.

Before the shoot I walked around the set and talked to the camera crew to see if everyone was happy and excited. All the camera men and the floor manager did really well with the shoot, the floor manager (Kate) worked very well under pressure and was able to make sure the floor knew what was happening and when. The camera men were in very good spirits when I left them and they did a very good job on the day.

As the production was being filmed I was sat in the gallery with Helen, we were able to note down any issues with the work for the 'pick-ups', which Hans suggested that we do. Helen and myself were able to watch as everyone worked, this was a good learning experience to watch the directors and the vision mixers work.

No comments:

Post a Comment