Tuesday 22 October 2013

Story Telling Unit- Trailers

Trailers need different aspects to make it grab the audience and peak their interests. A trailer should always have;

  • A clear genre
  • A unique selling point 
  • A mood (happy, sad) usually relating to genre
  • The enigma 
  • Fast moving action
  • The title (at the end)
  • Building a climax, to then end the trailer 
  • Music to help the mood setting
  • Some times Montages
My trailer would have to show my genre of a drama. The unique selling point of being about a cult/commune, the mood would be serious. My enigma would relate to the James Johnson character, but my enigma would not be portrayed by a physical person, but the name. I am unsure of the music I would use for my trailer at the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment