Thursday 28 April 2016

Major Project- Collaboration

Throughout the project collaboration has been essential. This either being with the actors, crew or within the grit team. As our last day approaches I have chosen to reflect on the collaboration within the project.

Much of the collaboration in pre-production was with the director (Lex Wilkinson) and myself. I worked logically and organised most of the film with the creative side being mostly tackled by Lex. Within this collaboration I contacted actors, crew and locations, this was a long process but paid off due to the quality of the final product. Within each step of the film and organisation I made sure that Lex was informed and had a say in what was decided, this made the project easier as we were both aiming for the same creative look.

During production much of my collaboration was with the actors and the continuity supervisor (Sophie Marriott), this was due to the need to make sure the film was made with good continuity. I worked closely with the actors before each shoot to go over their lines, this did lead to small script changes as some phrases did not fit the actors.

The document screenshot below was created by myself and Sophie, this was to help not only Sophie but also to inform the actors of what was expected for them to bring to each day. This document was sent out to the actors after a week without a shoot, it was to remind them of what was worn in the scenes already filmed.

During post production, I worked with the editor and director. This was only as a reviewer, I watched the film and gave a new perspective on the film for the editor and director to listen to. This fresh perspective provided information about how the audience might see the film. During production I created the schedule for the editor, special effects creator and the director to see and follow, this provided clear deadlines and a goal for each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment