Monday 25 April 2016

Major Project- Producing Process

While writing the report I have come across some flow charts that explain the role of the producer, this is for pre-production and production. 


Pre-Production, Producer role 
As shown by the flow chart the process in pre-production, most of the work in the pre-production starts with the script, moving down to different sections that involve contacting people. Some parts of the flow chart are things I may not have handled by myself, such as the equipment was managed by the Director of Photography but I booked the equipment for the shoot. Such collaboration was done throughout the production. 

Production, Producer role 
Most of the production was myself helping other people and being around for trouble shooting, a lot of the roles listed were taken by one person. The Director of Photography was also a gaffer, lighting and camera operator. The continuity department was tackled alone by Sophie but she always had myself on set to help out. On set I managed to be the Art Director and Producer. It just happened that I knew what needed to be done and was on set to help. 

These flow charts were found at Producing and Directing the Short Film and Video


No comments:

Post a Comment