Wednesday 26 March 2014

Commissions Unit- Change

 I called the Medway food bank and they gave me an email address for Ian Charles, the manager of the food bank. I have emailed him;

"Dear Ian Charles, 

I am creating a university documentary about "My Hero" I would like to do it on the service the food banks provide. This documentary would look at the people that volunteer and the people who need the help, we would like to start filming in the next couple of weeks and show the work the food banks do. As i understand it you are set up in a few churches around the area and I would like to speak to some of the people there as well as anyone you could suggest for an interview. 

Our names our Aquila Hodgkins, Aimee Saunders and Roxanne Meats, as this is our university work we are highly interested in the work that you do and finding out more about the process. 

With Kind Regards 
Roxanne Meats 


Hopefully he will be in contact in the next few days." 

The street pastors contacted my on Friday 28.03.14 with this email:

"Dear Roxanne,

Thank you for contacting Gravesend Street Pastors about a documentary.
Unfortunately at this time we will have to decline this offer. I apologise for this, the time frame would put a real pressure on us as we have to follow media protocols that are set out to follow. 

We also have a major event we are planning for the 5th april so again it would put a stress on us at present.

Once again we apologise for not being able to deal with your request at this time.

Kind Regards

Anwar Bourazza 
Gravesend Street Pastors Coordinator

Gravesend Street Pastors, 55 Windmill Street, Gravesend DA12 1BB"

No comments:

Post a Comment