Sunday 9 November 2014

Fiction Adaptation- Shoot 1

I had a remembrance parade shoot in Rochester, 9.11.14, I was able to be there due to the permission given by the British Legion. At the shoot I had Andrei Allen present as Camera operator and Mark Cooper there for general support. Andrei was a good choice for camera as he was able to take direction easily and after looking at the footage it is easy to see that he was well involved in running around the location giving a range of shots.

We arrived at the location at 9:45 to set up and take a series of short shots for testing. The crowds starting arriving after 10:30 giving some time for people shots just before the parade began. We were able to get a good location behind a barrier after have a small chat with an organiser, this gave us uninttriupted  views of the Cathedral and all that was happening in the street as well as in front of the Cathedral. We left the location around 12:30, but with stopping to get more crowd shots and shots of the poppies being admired.

I believe that I chose the correct location as well as the correct camera operator. I do think however that I should have entered the Cathedral, even though the film does not need a shot of inside during the service I think the option would have been helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment