Tuesday 18 November 2014

Fiction Adaptation- Shoot 2

The house shoot was in my own house that is rented with three other people. I had asked Andrei Allen to be camera operator but the day before he informed me he was not able to help, this lead me to contact Mike Hoad who was more then happy to help.

The shoot time was 12:00, but as I live there I decided to dress the set and have some test shots before Mike and the actor (David) arrived. I was able to do a few test shots that were able to establish that I needed much light in the living room as well as a cover for the window. With the extra time I gave myself I was able to set up the first room, the kitchen and have a test shot. Mike arrived at 12 in which I went through the script and the shot list of what we needed, Mike was able to give me the shots I needed as he was easily directed and was able to help me if he did not think the shot would work. David arrived at 12:30, soon after he arrived we were able to start filming, most shots were more then one take but I believe the coverage was good. Filming finished around 2:30 but all shots were achieved.

Coverage could have been better in the living room but I did not realise this until I came to the edit but a good idea off Lex helped me to make it look natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment