Friday 17 July 2015

Work Experience- ITV 5

The last day of my work experience I went out and filmed a story about a girl whose house and electric wheelchair was destroyed in a fire. We went down to Margate and did 3 interviews with, Holly (her room burnt down), Lydia (the mother) and Amy (sister that set up the fundraising group). The cost of the chair is £7 thousand in which they have been able to raise since Monday. Most from the online group set up by Amy (£2 thousand) and £5 thousand has been given to the family from one person. This story was made for Saturday's news cast. ITV News- story edited for the Saturday broadcast.

From the week at ITV news Meridian I learnt a lot more about how fast everything in a news room moves, just because there is 6 stories in the morning meeting does not mean that all 6 will be going out. Some stories are cut due to issues in the stories.

I also learnt about self-shooting, interviews and quick editing, all of these things that a reporter will do in an average day.

I'm grateful that ITV News Meridian let me come into their news room for a week, it was an unforgettable experience that has given me a lot to think about for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment