Tuesday 20 October 2015

Pre-Production- Crew

Director- Ben Bolt
He is currently the director of Doc Martin but has also been the director of detective shows such as Murder in the First and Forgotten.
Forgotten is a 3 part series which fits almost with my two part crime, thriller made for television. 

Not only creating a chilling atmosphere but he directs Doc Martin that has a light humour to it making him ideal.

Director of Photography- Ben Wheeler
Currently the DoP of Cradle to Grave, he has also worked on Some Girls and Raised by Wolves.

Although the show is not related to what I am doing, it is shot the same and the colours are like the look. Raised by Wolves is a 6 part series, on Channel 4.


Editor- Jamie McCoan
The current editor of Lewis,  detective show on ITV.
This edit is not quick but has the pace of the show making it be a perfect fit for what I would want visually, I would want the edit not to be fast paced. The editing feels very natural.

This editor has also produced work for Poirot.

Writer-
Vadmin Jean, the writer of Hogfather a adaptation that was faithful to the book. The TV movie was 189 mins, but this allows for all the detail of the book to be used. The style of writing may be different as this film was fantasy but keeping the elements of real that could be used to write the script I would want.


While looking at the different prospecting people that could be used I wanted to use a writer/director from Sherlock but as I watched clips I decided that the look (visuals) were not suitable to my work. I also wanted to use the main writer from Poirot but found that they had died in 2007 so that would not be possible even in a hypothetical situation.


No comments:

Post a Comment