Wednesday 30 April 2014

Commissions Unit- Help

Now that I have this interview to plan for I needed help off my tutor, Helen, thankfully she provided me with some advice that I can write questions on and helping me understand what kind of questions I can ask without seeming like I am intrusive.  
"Roxanne,

I think you need to ask questions which establish a bit more about this person's situation - a bit of background about them (this can be done without identifying them - e.g. I have two children and lost my job 3 years ago could apply to anyone!!) - and how they ended up needing help, also about how bad things got before got help. 

Also try to get them to talk about the wider situation - i.e. is it not astonishing that this is a problem in our country and what do they think has caused this sort of situation to be more widespread - more people and more centres like this appearing all the time. Try to ask questions which give us more about the emotional side of the story it is a bit factual and at present. We need to CARE about them and their situation.

Get them through your questions to tell their story.

Hope this helps,

Helen"

No comments:

Post a Comment