Monday 2 February 2015

Studio Production- Potential Panelist Contact

I got an email off someone who may be part of the panel. I replied to her saying the days of the auditions and to get in contact when she would like more details.

The Email;
Hello Roxanne,

I saw Terry Perk last week and he gave me a gentle push towards taking part in your show, basically he thought I should definitely get in touch with you. Having had a bit of think about the idea I would be interested in taking part, and be intrigued to find out more. As you may have guessed I am a post-grad student on Terry's Fine Art MA course at Canterbury. I am a part-time mature student in the final year of my course. 

My art practice and research revolves around the potential (frequently unrealised) for art to really engage with culture in truly active and enriching  ways. A lot of what I find frustrating about contemporary art is how disengaged it really is from culture and also how meekly passive we have generally become in accepting commercial products as defining 'normal'(?) culture. Needless to say, I found the Graffiti Kings promo video rather interesting...

Although Graffiti art is not something I am any kind of expert on I have done a huge amount of research around the intersection of art, culture and psychology over the past few years so I feel this should, hopefully, make me a potentially interesting panelist - I do have strong opinions... ;).

Anyway, I am very happy to meet up whenever and wherever is convenient for you for a chat.

Best regards,

Diccon

Diccon Spain

Since the first email she has contacted me again for her interview time and date which is on Monday 9th at 10 am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment