Wednesday 1 October 2014

Digital News- YouTube vs Vimeo

While looking into what website we should publish our news piece on with have the option of YouTube or Vimeo.

I am familiar with YouTube and it has advantages of being able to be embedded into such things as a blog post and been able to watch without having to go on the YouTube website. Therefore it could be embedded into a website that we could create. YouTube is also known to have a great amount of users across the world and create people that become famous through this type of medium.


Such websites as BBC News do not use YouTube to show their videos on as their website videos can just be seen on the website.

ITV also have this ability with their website but they have less videos to be viewed as the only one I could find amongst top stories was one of the weather. 


Vimeo on the other hand is something I am unfamiliar with and there fore have to do research on. Vimeo seems to look more of a personal website that you can change and personalise. With no adds and it supports the theory that it is a community not just a website.



There seem to be other people also having the same debate as I. 

This is what I ended up deciding to watch to help me. Although the decision will not just be mine it will be the decision of the group but I feel that by looking into both websites I can have a better knowledge and therefore a better decision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment